8. Does your dog kick after they go to the bathroom? Many people think that this is to cover up their business, but this is to mark their territory with the scent glands in their feet.
9. Newfoundland's are terrific swimmers due to their webbed feet. They are commonly used to rescue people from the water.
10. There are 195 breeds of dogs registered with the AKC. With the different designer dog mixes, there are over 700 breeds of dogs.
11. Dogs have a sense of time. Have you noticed that your dog gets excited at the same time every day? They know when it is time for a walk or time for dinner. They will commonly come to find you during this time as a reminder of their dinner or walk.
12. Your dog is as smart as a 2-year-old. Most people know that their dog is smart but did not realize that your dog can understand about 200 different words.
13. Dogs can be trained to detect cancer and sense seizure activities. Dogs are commonly used to help many people who suffer from numerous diseases and can even detect issues before they arise.
14. Your dog curls up when the sleep to protect organs. This comes from the ancestors where they had to always be on the watch for a predator coming along and hurting them
15. Spiked dog collars were developed to help protect the dog's necks from wolf attacks. This type of collar is commonly used among some pet owners as a way to show off their dog's style.